» How to use the UKAS accreditation symbols
UKAS accredited organisations, and in the case of certification bodies their certificated clients, are able to benefit from visually identifying their status through the use of the national accreditation symbols. In doing so however the organisation displaying them shall not mislead anyone; devalue or degrade the symbols; use them illegally (they are protected trade marks); or use them contrary to the recognised accreditation standards and/or associated guides.
All UKAS accredited organisations wishing to use the national accreditation symbols must do so in accordance with the conditions detailed in Accreditation Logo & Symbols - The National Accreditation Logo and Symbols: Conditions for Use by UKAS and UKAS Accredited Organisations (July 2018).
UKAS encourages the use of the national accreditation symbols for promotional purposes provided the conditions of the Accreditation Logo & Symbols are met. To assist accredited organisations in their use of the symbols and to help them promote their accreditation UKAS has produced below a quick guide on as to how the symbols may and may not be used. The information produced below is not an exhaustive list and organisations that require guidance or clarification as to how the national accreditation symbols may be used should email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are an UKAS accredited organisation you may use the symbols on:
- Certificates and reports relating to those activities covered under your UKAS accreditation. Any unaccredited results or information contained in the certificate or report must be clearly disclaimed
- Quotations and estimates. These shall however, clearly indicate those activities which are not UKAS accredited.
- Corporate Stationery e.g. letterheads, compliment slips, invoices
- Internal Walls and doors
- Exhibition stands
- Websites - This is provided the extent and limitations of the accreditation held is clearly described. For example accredited testing of calibrations laboratories may use the symbol on all pages of its website provided they have a clear statement/disclaimer alongside the symbol describing the extent/limitation of its accreditation i.e. “Our accreditation is limited to those activities described on our UKAS schedule of accreditation found here.”
The UKAS accreditation symbols may not be used on:
- Buildings and Flags
- Goods or products unless these have been manufactured under an accredited product conformity scheme.
- Primary packaging e.g. blister packs
and in the case of the national accreditation symbols for certification activities may not be used on:
- Reports and certificates issued by Laboratories, Inspection bodies, Proficiency Testing Providers, Reference Material Producers and Medical Diagnostic Service Providers.
Copies of the national accreditation symbols are available as TIF files to organisations directly accredited by UKAS. To obtain these files, please email email@example.com, quoting your accreditation number.
Training Enquiry Form
Our team pride themselves on providing a friendly, knowledgeable and efficient service to support our customers in finding the right training solution to perfectly match their needs. Contact our team to discuss your requirements.